Engaging, Effective Videos for Your Business or Organization
The Right Strategy
My approach is as a communication specialist as well as a video maker. I started in video as a scriptwriter. That’s my foundation. And that means I’m committed to getting your message across.
Marketing and promotional videos. For events, businesss conferences, fundraising, the web and social media. Using interviews, b-roll and storytelling techniques to bring your message to life.
A Smooth Path for You
You’ll follow a system of clear steps … making it easy for you. I’ll guide us along, whether you’ve made videos before or this is your first one. I promise to make this a smooth journey that leads to a video you’ll love.
Hello there! I’m Mary. Our brains love images…
Videos that engage and persuade can be your most powerful marketing tool. But you might lack the staff and time to do it well. That’s where I come in. I’m based in Seattle and specialize in videos for marketing and communications. My focus is on videos that help your business, nonprofit or organization grow.
Tell me more
The experience to make things run smoothly.
what kind of videos do you make?
Lately most of my videos are made without narration, using people to convey your message in their own words. And we add b-roll footage to make the video come to life.
what's your background?
How much does a video cost?
how long does it take to make a video?
If you need a quick turn around, and I can fit it in, we can do that.
A more complicated video might realistically take weeks. It can take a while for busy people to find the time to be on camera. And for your staff to find time to fit in reviews at the steps along the way.
what steps do most people forget?
how Do we get started?
some of my work
- Producing videos for over 15 years. Serving a range of clients from small nonprofits to video production in a $1 billion corporate environment.
- Video assignments in Seattle and around the world…over 20 video projects in Africa alone.
- Sharpened my storytelling skills as a script analyst in Hollywood…a skill I apply to my videos today.
- Early career: Journalist and then a staff writer at an international humanitarian organization. I moved into freelance writing and then producing videos.
- Bachelor of Arts in broadcast journalism, Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA
- Graduate certificates in Film & Video, and in Marketing, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Additional coursework at UCLA and the American Film Institute
- Seasoned producer delivering video content for clients. Creating the right message and keeping projects on track.
- Highly skilled in all phases of video production.
- Videography and still photography, using Sony a7 III
- Video editing with Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Scriptwriting and copywriting