Video Shoot Policy
To help us stay healthy, Mary Peterson Video Productions is implementing a COVID-19 policy for all video shoots. Please read this carefully.
• Assume everyone has the virus, which means being vigilant in protecting yourself and others.
• Practice social distancing at all times.
• Wash hands or use hand sanitizer before and after the shoot.
• Everyone wears masks while on a shoot. Please bring your own mask. People being interviewed wear masks until they speak on camera and right after. If the person on camera is wearing makeup, please have them bring a little mirror so they can check their makeup was not smudged by the mask. The person who asks the interview questions always wears a mask and is well over six feet away.
• Cancel if anyone has symptoms. (There is no charge if you cancel.)
• Equipment is cleaned before and after sessions. This takes time, and limits the number of interviews and locations filmed in a day.
• Film outdoors if we can. If that doesn’t work, film in large, well-ventilated indoor spaces. Don’t film people in small enclosed rooms.
• Minimize the time on the set. This means planning is more important than ever. Plan each shot ahead of time. Prepare focused interview questions so we reduce interview time.
• Limit conversations on the set. Have only essential people there. When we get the work done, we leave. We can call afterwards.
• It’s best to not carpool to or from the filming location.
• Everyone at the shoot must read this policy ahead of time.